9.06.2007

Congratulations! You have been spared angst.

Had I had time last night, I would have typed up the lovely little angstrant I wrote during my free PSEO period yesterday. Oh yes, it was filled with angst. I ate lunch alone yesterday--that's why. Never, ever, ever eat lunch alone in a school setting or similar if it can be avoided. Incredibly damaging to the [speech=laintalk]shuuke [/laintalk] [speech=normal]psyche. But I recovered from that unpleasantness due to the news that Megan Whalen Turner has three more Attolia books in mind! Kyaaaaaaah! You can't even imagine how happy this makes me, unless you're Snuffles, because she experienced both my angsting and my sudden BOING into joy.

So the deal on school:
First period is Economics of Social Issues. Looks like I'm going to actually think about things in this class, at least until I get more used to the nomenclature. theteacherstutters but I'm sure I'll get used to that. Not bad, just... noticeable.
Second period (technically I should be calling these blocks. You'll notice that I make no effort whatsoever to do so) is College English. We had our 1984 test today. I finished first by a lot. Alarmed some people. All in a day's work. XP
Third period is the period that's free for PSEO. Third period generally decides what lunch you eat in, based on the teacher. Therefore I get to decide my own lunch. So naturally I eat with R. G. And UGH. This means I'm in the library again. It's COLD THERE DANGITTT. And I'll need to figure out how to amuse myself. Yesterday of course I wrote that angstrant and started to read Firebirds Rising, an anthology of SF/Fantasy short stories. Reading it because there's a scholarship that I wouldn't mind collecting, involving writing a SF/fantasy short story. :/ I don't know if I'll be able to do it. I've got an idea right now, sort of... But it's not very put-together yet. Anyway, back to third period: I might keep that kanji workbook I have in school and drum Japanese into my mind while I'm there. But I need conversation practiiiiiiiiiiiice. And speaking in general.
Fourth period... the most nerve-wracking. Band. Or Wind Ensemble, rather, which I guess is more... advanced? Fancy? Upperclassmen-ish? I'm... jutting my jaw again, and I stick out because everyone else knows the ropes already, and was I always this awful at sight-reading? *Sigh* In any case, the class is split. I think I've finally figured out how it works.
Band and choir occur in the same period.
But some people are in band AND choir.
So, in the first half of the period, band has band, and the people who are ONLY choir have "Music Appreciation."
In the second half, choir has choir, and the people who are only in band have music appreciation.

Music appreciation... well, it's very nice, but it may make the music theory class I'm signed up for my new PSEO totally superfluous. But really it's fun. We listened to Wagner. :D *continues ridiculous Boogiepop-preference for Wagner* Also Duke Ellington. Music with... class. I need more of that.

I drew a picture today, so you get no writing. Sorry.
Oh, and last night, when I was TRYING to get to sleep EARLY, a picture popped into my head.
As described to Snuffles:
A fashionable girl, loose grey sweater, long black armwarmers, newsboy cap... pointing a gun.
Yeah.
She was totally oshare and totally pointing a gun. It was really weird.

No comments: