10.16.2007

I'm going to finish my NaNovel.

I know this with absolute certainty. You see, today I promised myself that I'd get myself King of Attolia in Japanese if I finish.
This is an almost ridiculously effective bribe.

Today in English, we got our Significant Event essays back. I got an A. And the teacher from the college (since it's college English, you know) read it out loud. Even though it's so... passive. I mean, other people wrote about breaking bones or catching important passes or family members dying... I wrote about finishing translating a book! It's so... devoid of action!
That said, I may use it as a basis for my college app essay. Mother wants me to write something about my surgeries and how they've shaped me... Except that I don't think they have, and those don't have anything to do with my major-to-be.

My fingers are quite cold right now.

Oh, I spent much of the day shading a picture of Attolia. It's a different one from the one I started on Sunday... I finally admitted to myself that I didn't like the look of the first one. This one's going quite well though, except for the fact that I'm shading it rather than leaving it blank to attempt to color on paint.NET. Oh well... I'll find something else to color with that.

No comments: