10.05.2007

I come bearing writing!

Yes.

Nothing really interesting has happened in the day (days?) since I last posted. Today someone stuck a small piece of gum in my hair. Charming. Also, the team we played against in football tonight was called the Spuds.

Oh, hee hee. So have I mentioned that Mother has been reading the Attolia books? She's on Queen right now and a little while ago, I asked her where she was... "They just kidnapped the queen," she said.
I go o_O and say, "Either you were quite sleepy while you were reading, or they really just just kidnapped the queen."
So now today she looks at me and says, "I know now why you said that." XD <33333 Yes yes, there is writing to be had. I hadn't an eraser today for the pep band sketchbook, so instead of drawing I set down part of a TP fanfiction I've had in my head for a while. Spoilers for DA end. --
Two princesses sat at a corner table at the bar.
The were the only ones there. After Telma had recovered from the initial shock of having a beat-up Link, the royal princess, and another vaguely royal-looking woman of unknown race show up at her door, she'd cleared the bar so they could have some peace. And when Link nearly fell asleep in his mug, Telma bustled him off to her bed to rest; then, with a tactful smile, she'd gone out to "do some shopping." (Almost all the stores were closed by now.)
So there the princesses sat.
Over her mug, Midna kept stealing glances towards Telma's room.
"I'm sure he'll be fine," Zelda said with a serene smile. "He just needs a little rest."
"I know that," Midna retorted, slightly miffed. She shot Zelda a reproachful look.
Zelda's face did not change in reply. Softly, she said, "You love him."
It wasn't a question; she didn't need to ask. Midna looked away sullenly. "It doesn't matter."
"Of course it does--"
"It doesn't." Flatly. "The Mirror needs to be broken and it doesn't matter that I love him."
Zelda was silent.
Midna stared into her mug. "It's not a surprise to you," she stated. "You felt all of that, didn't you?"
Gently, Zelda nodded. Their hearts had been intertwined as Midna realized what she felt for Link. As she saw the harm the Mirror could cause. As she slowly ackgnowledged what she would have to do.
Such suffering you've endured.

"Does he know?" Zelda asked quietly.
"That I love him?" Midna tilted her head in thought. "I don't know. Maybe."
"That you're going to break the Mirror."
"Oh." Midna closed her eyes and sighed. "I said once or twice that it needed to be done. I didn't say I'd do it."
"But you are going to break it."
Despair in her eyes, Midna looked at Zelda. "Princess, you're Wisdom, aren't you?"
Zelda nodded, not questioning the sudden turn in conversation.
"Tell me I don't need to do it. Tell me the Mirror is fine, that the goddesses wanted it to be there. Then I won't break it."
Zelda touched Midna's hand in sympathy. "I cannot tell you that; it would not be true."
"Then why is it there?" Midna demanded hopelessly.
"I don't know," Zelda confessed. "But in your heart, you know that it must be broken."
Midna said nothing. She pulled back her hand to take another sip of her mead. When she lowered her mug again, there were tears in her eyes.
Zelda knew what she was thinking.
Somehow I have to say goodbye to him.
So many times, the thought had flitted on the edges of Midna's mind, and she'd tried not to acknowledge it. She was still trying.
"I'm going to sit with him until he wakes up," Midna said, rising. "Good night, Princess."
"Good night," Zelda replied seriously. "Thank you for all of your efforts."
To her surprise, Midna gave a delicate snort. "That sounds so stuffy," she muttered.
Zelda smiled softly. "Sorry."

No comments: