7.09.2007

What do you do with a floating Zant head, ear-ly in the Twilight?

Though it's actually quite simple to beat those. ...The P-Z's too. Is that guy's real form as easy as thwacking him with a sword? Geez. Anyway I am in Twilight and not wolfy unless I stand in areas marked in purple. And Twilight people (a site I was on said they are not called Twili in the Japanese game so I will not call them Twili) (Oh yeah? So what do you call Ordon, huh?) do not talk. >___> How did I get stuck with the chatty one? (Yes I know he has it, Midna, I saw him leave with it. I'm not as stupid as you think.)

But I didn't really get a jiggy-normous (that's ginormous, which is of course from gigantic and enormous) cutscene at the mirror. DX I wanted a huge one. But all it did was tell me that msdfg ij tnt tiolohcvn pucnokff. And I've been saying that all game anyway. (Though I will admit that I had part of it wrong.) Also it told me a few confusing things that I'm still trying to straighten out. (When all of this is over, I'm going to search Youtube for cutscene videos and keep them.)

Random game talk aside.

Yesterday I did not blog because we watched an old movie (The Maltese Falcon; it was very nice. I didn't realize that man who played Joel Cairo in that and plays the doctor in Arsenic and Old Lace had that accent naturally; I thought he was putting it on for Arsenic.) until 10. But yesterday I started writing a fairy tale. You see I was reading The Wonder Clock, which is a collection of twenty-four fairy tales by Howard Pyle. I think--I'm fairly certain--that he wrote the fairy tales himself. Anyway he mentioned the white snake in one of them--which gives humans the ability to understand animal speech when eaten. I think it shows up in a Grimm fairy tale as well. That or an Andersen. (We have a book of each so occasionally I find myself confused.) In any case I decided that I would also write a fairy tale involving the white snake. And that is what you get to see today, though I did work on OO a bit this morning. However the new bit is not generic so you may not see it.

However the white snake doesn't come in just yet.

Now in the forest there lived a poor woodcutter and his only son. The son's name was Jacob, and he often accompanied his father into the forest to help the old man carry the wood he chopped. Also, Jacob loved animals very much, and that comes into this story quite a bit, so you had best remember it.
One day, when Jacob was still fairly young, his father cut down a tree in which, unbeknownst to him, two great black ravens had made their nest. The ravens, of course, flew off at the first ka-thuck! of the ax into the tree and were never seen in that forest again. But as young Jacob helped his father, he spotted their nest in the tree branches, and--lo and behold!--Mother and Father Raven had left behind a tiny egg, unhatched and miraculously unbroken in the nest.
"Father," said Jacob, filled with wonder, "look at the this raven's egg, which has survived the tree's fall."
His father, too, marveled. He thought to himself, "In my work, I have destroyed the homes of countless innocent animals. Surely it would be ill luck to leave this animal to die when I have I chance to save it." For that reason, he charged his son to care for the egg until it hatched, and then to raise the baby bird with love.
All this Jacob did gladly, for he loved animals. He carried the nest home and kept the egg warm with rags that he warmed in a pot over the fire. And when the egg hatched, Jacob named the raven Onyxwing for its resilience and fed it food that he had seen other birds feed their young. Onyxwing treated Jacob like a father and stayed with him even after learning to fly. In this way Jacob the Lover of Animals and Onyxwing the Raven grew up together.
It so happened that upon Jacob's seventeenth birthday, the king of the kingdom issued a proclamation that whosoever might bring him three drops of dew from beyond the Dawn should have the princess's hand in marriage. For the king's health was poor, and the dew from beyond the Dawn is the purest healing water there is.

つづく。 (TBC)

No comments: