8.07.2007

Not delayed!

That's right! WOI is writing a journal entry on time! It's shocking.

Today, I had an orthodontist appointment at which I was supposed to be told that I may wear my retainer only at night from now on. Instead I was told that I should keep wearing it all the time and come back in December. Drat.

Beyond that, I've spent a lot of time today working on that narration thing I mentioned. Want some explanation? I'll give it a little bit down, but first I'd better describe the rest of my day because it'll contain Twilight Princess spoilers, probably. Yes. Definitely.

This evening I went to an orientation at SCSU for the PSEO program. Post-Secondary Enrollment Opportunity tte ne. Basically it's a way to take more challenging classes through a college while still in high school. For me, of course, it means Japanese. Though in this situation the phrase "more challenging" might be misleading. (苦笑い/bitter laugh) It'll be 201--most likely the first half of Genki II... In other words, stuff I already know. Again. You know, all that stuff I took the final on in CA. And finished first. Despite the fact that I hadn't been in that class for months. This is insanely frustrating... I mean, seriously. I've already done one of those "senior project" things. LABB. Granted, I'm sure that that needs a lot of work--if I did it again, I'd probably find a lot of things that I got wrong--but I mean geez.
Well, it's not like SCSU offers a class on keigo. Or a conversation class. Gosh, I'd love to be in a conversation class... Well no. Let me rephrase that. It would be so thoroughly beneficial for me to be in a conversation class. Most likely I would not love it and it would make me asplode with nervousness.

Goodness, that was longer than expected.

Here start TP spoilers, as well as a ridiculous and バカッテ amount of speculation and--GASP!--an OC. I know. This is ridiculously out of character from me, and possibly a little hypocritical... I mean, I hate OCs! I bash them! Especially that Shiori girl! [now the spoilers really start]

But this OC... he was developed along the same cheating lines that "Dead Future," my massively angsty if-Isis-had-won-against-Seto fic, was based along. Jindal, whom I mentioned yesterday, is the name of this OC, and he is the main god--or should I say "guardian deity"?--of Twilight as created by me. I gave myself rein to create Jindal because--well, first of all, he will be needed in my other fanfiction, and second of all because Midna said that the Twili had different gods. Guardian deities, to be exact. So, they must exist. So I may as well design one as long as he fits and is reasonable. (About the "-ies" part--I've got another called Dawdon in mind. Was going to be Dawdin originally but decided to avoid the Din dealybob.)

And I've been doing my best to make Jindal fit reasonably. It was shocking yesterday, because it appears that I had subconscious memory of the line, "Did you think we'd forgotten that our ancestors lost their king to that greed?" (Probably paraphrased, but quoted to the best of my memory.) I had already planned to kill off Jindal's dad decided that the king of the-tribe-that-became-the-Twili probably died because he led the storm into the Sacred Realm, and then it appears that that is most likely what really happened... odd.

An overview: Jindal was the (fully mortal) prince of the tribe skilled in magic, those who trespassed into the Sacred Realm. Upon his parents' death and his tribe's abrupt relocation to the Realm of Twilight, he became the boy king. Though he was initially inexperienced and uncertain, he became a noble and well-liked king, and he ruled for many years. Upon his death, Twilight went into deep mourning, and some Twili came forward believing that Jindal had spoken to them in dreams and such, as a god. At this point, it was not actually Jindal speaking to them, but their own subconscious wish to see their king again. However, it soon became legend that Jindal had become the god of Twilight, and this legend reached the goddesses' ears. Still caring for their fallen children, the goddesses revived Jindal and indeed gave him the powers of a god, to preside over the Twilight as they presided over Hyrule and the world of light.

That was a strange writing style, wasn't it?
I thought I might type up what I have of his narration so far, but no matter how optimistically I estimate, it doesn't look like I'll have enough time to type that up. (Quit it!) Good night.

No comments: