8.17.2007

Oh, goodness. Where to start.

I suppose with yesterday morning.

Yesterday morning I had my senior pictures. They were pretty fun. I even got to wear my Boogiepop (Wow. I DEFINITELY just typed "Boogiepope.") costume for a few of them. Buut I had to smile. >3< style="font-style: italic;">Silver on the Tree that reminded me of it. Forcibly. By forcibly, I mean, "enough that I had an uncontrollable urge to go downstairs and get Anachron out of Upper Zora's River and over to said area." Oh. But before all that I checked my mail on my full-name account.
SCSU is not offering 200-level Japanese this year.
Clearly this is a problem.
I shall probably wind up independent studying. Or something. Or possibly something else all together.

And now for something completely different.
My dreams last night were really strange too. ;_; First I had a really hard time getting comfortable and falling asleep. Then the first dream I remember, it was CHRISTMAS! YAY! >_> And we got another puppy. A girlfriend for Cody. But not at all the same breed. Also I posted a hundred-question thing in PG, but so did Kyle Riley (I'm pretty sure it was him...), so I felt left out and... sad, and strange. So I tried to make up my own. Then I woke up.
The next dream was just strange and scary and unpleasant. It was the Empire State Building, but not actually looking anything like that, just that my brain labeled it "Empire State Building." C.G. and AnL were there, possibly more of the lunch group as well, but I remember AnL because we were trying to get to the top and she got in the elevator with me and she turned this knob that made the elevator swing back and forth, so I screamed, we went back down, I kept her from touching the knob and all was normal. Dream-normal. So we went to the top and I remember that C.G. was there. And it wasn't like the top of the EBS at all, but flat and sort of dirt and thin green grass and pebbles. Oh, and a dinosaur, of course. Which tried to attack us. So we went back to the "elevators" which were now just flat areas on the roof-ground, kind of like a magic carpet except without the carpet. So the other elevator pressed--no. I pressed the button for floor one, and the other elevator for floor ninety, for some reason, and then I wound up in the ninety "elevator" which went around the roof and went in through a window. There was a businessman at a reception-type counter staring at me, so I got away real quick, down a floor. On that floor, there was a woman with... a hat, I seem to remember, and a shaved head and really large, pretty, darkly-lined eyes. I'm pretty sure I got her face from a movie somewhere but I don't remember which. (She might be the girl in the Barbie Museum in Rat Race.) I was talking to her and I helped her with something, and as I talked to her I noticed that she had these REALLY LONG teeth that made me think "vampire!" except they weren't actually like vampire teeth at all... but then she and her friends tried to suck my blood so I ran away. Down exactly one floor which, naturally, since I was on floor ninety at all, brought me to ground floor. And at that point I became a black girl whose older brother, Barry (...Bonds?!), had died. So I went around telling family friends and neighbors that I was going to college soon. Then I woke up. THANK GOODNESS.

And that was all yesterday.
Well technically I woke from that last dream around 5 this morning, so that was today, but it was part of yesterday's stress, I'm sure.
To-day started with another walk.
Followed that with more reading of Silver on the Tree and a trip to the mall to apply at Target (*crosses fingers for luck*) and buy the new FMA and Furuba. Unfortunately only the new Furuba was there...
OMG. IT'S THAT ONE.
IT'S A GIRL.
IT'S A GIRL, IT'S A GIRL, IT'S A GIRL. I HAVE KNOWN THIS FOR LIKE TWO YEARS NOW BUT IT'S A GIRL. XD
It was a good volume. The next one comes out in November.
And for dinner we went to a soccer picnic. And now here I am.

I have not given you writing for some days, have I?
Would you like some of the Twilight Princess fanfiction? I'm getting ahead of myself, but whatever. Spoilers, of course, for even earlier than normal.
--
Anachron found that he was tense as he pushed the stone doors open and stepped into the past. His intent was neither dishonorable nor rash, but still he could not help feeling wary. He had a direct request to ask of the goddesses, and perhaps it was... impertinent.
But the image of Midna's face, discouraged, rose unbidden in his mind, and he swallowed his uncertainty and walked down the suddenly flawless steps. He came to the Master Sword. Light from the domed window above shone down in beatific beams, illuminating the blessed Sword. Taking a deep breath, Anachron grasped the hilt; this time, though, instead of pulling it out, he knelt in front of it in an attitude of reverence.
"O great goddesses," he began in a murmur, "O all-knowing, all-powerful, indomitable goddesses. In thy gooodness, receive the prayer of thy faithful servant..." And he stopped, his mouth dry, as he tried to phrase his request.
And in that pause, a strong, cool female voice spoke in front of him.
"You have done well to offer your supplication here, blessed hero."
Anachron jerked his head up in shock to look at the source of the voice.
In front of him stood a tall woman with pale green hair and a green dress. She was beautiful, but it was not a delicate beauty; it was a strong, confident, well-muscled beauty. Her eyes were serious and just, and--as they gazed at Anachron, they filled with the adoring love of a mother for her child.
The goddess Farore.
Anachron found himself shaking with awe.
As if she did not see his trembling, or as if she forgave it, Farore continued. "This temple, more than anywhere else in Hyrule, is close to the magic of the ancients, the magic that my sisters and I harnessed to create this land. Stand, hero, and speak your request; the goddesses smile upon and would hear your desire."
Anachron stood, and once more he swallowed; then, with much more surety than he felt, he said, "My prayer is for the people of the Twilight. I understand their crime, and their punishment was just; I do not question the goddesses' judgment in their banishment. But--"
Suddenly he could not go on. The fear that perhaps the Twili's degeneration had been the goddesses' will seized him, paralyzed him.
Farore's face was gentle. "Be not afraid, hero. Your heart is pure; I do not believe any desire held in earnest there could be one that would incur our wrath."
~
Of course there is more to it. But I'm sleepy. Good night. [[Edited, and continued below as I wait for a Vaeolus to heal.]]
~
And, very suddenly, he was not afraid.
"In the ages since the Twili's banishment, they have lived in the half-light of that realm. This has made their minds purer and more gentle; indeed, it has changed the very nature of their being. The Twili are truly a separate race from the humans of Hyrule, guided in their transformation by the light of the Sols. But they... they were once human; they were once beings who drew their life from the Sun. Without that nourishment, they have also become... simpler. They have lost not only dangerous characteristics as hubris and ambition, but also
~
Continuing again on 8/20. Don't feel like talking about my day(s), though.
~
But in softening their ambition, the Sol light has also been depleting their intelligence and self-awareness with every generation. Before long, they will be little more than animals. Please, goddess, I beg you to prevent this."
Farore's expression was unreadable. "That is a very bold claim to make, hero," she said softly, "especially from one who lives in Hyrule and whose contact with the Twili is minimal at best."
"It is true that I have not spent much time in Twilight," Anachron aquiesced. "And I have no way of judging what has happened over many generations. But I have seen the faces of Twili commoners. I have looked into their eyes. They..." Anachron's brow furrowed as he remembered. "There was something missing in them. Their expressions reminded me of the mindless hope of a dog when it sees you have a stick. And Midna, their Princess, tells me that a newborn of her tribe does not seem to have the potential to even learn to speak."
"You trust their princess?" It was a mere question, curious rather than accusatory or skeptical.
"With my life, goddess."
Farore seemed to be thinking; there was a slight, puzzled frown on her face. "If what you say is true, hero, then it was indeed an unintended consequence of their banishment, and you were right to question it." She paused, and then, indecipherably, said, "Yes, but this is not the place for such."
And then Anachron's surroundings fell away.
He was suddenly standing in darkness; but it could not be darkness, for colors still stood out, lurid in contrast. It was simply blackness. Farore still stood before him, but next to her stood a gentle, almost sad-looking woman in blue and a bright-eyed woman in red and gold--Nayru and Din. Anachron shivered and bowed deeply; to see the three goddesses stand before him, together, made him tremble. Power radiated from them.
And they were not the only ones to suddenly appear. A young man, slim, gray-skinned and gold-haired, stood slightly apart from the goddesses. He wore an ankle-length cape and could have passed for Midna's brother; he had her eyes, the yellow and maroon eyes that held so much more cleverness than other Twili's. For a moment, Anachron thought he saw something like a spark of triumph light the young man's boyish face; then it dissolved into an expression that strangely mirrored Anachron's own confusion.
And--next to Anachron--
Midna was there.
~
XP. I want to write more but it's after ten and I don't know exactly how this next tiny piece plays out. I'll write more tomorrow.
~
He could tell she was bewildered; her eyes, astonished, lingered on him for a moment. Then she looked forward and gave a soft gasp.
"Goddesses..." she whispered, dropping into a graceful bow. She turned slightly and gave another bow. "And my lord..."
"Rise, Twilight Princess," Nayru said, "and be at peace. It is for the sake of your people that we are met here today."
"Yes, goddess," Midna demurred, straightening.
The young man cocked his head and looked at the goddesses. "This is about the Twili?" he asked. "Then why is my Beast here? I did think his role was over."
Anachron stared at the young man, baffled and a little indignant. The "Beast" he referred to could only be Anachron, and it made sense coming from a Twili, but why the possessive...?
"My hero is here," Farore responded, placing the slightest hint of emphasis on her my, "because it was he who brought your people's plight to our attention, Jindal."
"Oh, I see," the young man said, and he looked to Anachron. "Then I have another thing to thank you for, my Beast." And he flourished his cape in a little bow.
Jindal? So this was the guardian deity of the Twili that Midna had spoken of, their first Prince. Strangely, the deity seemed short, shorter even than Anachron, and he lacked the presence that the Hylian goddesses had. Considering his background, though, Anachron supposed that that wasn't surprising.
"Incidentally, elder sisters," Jindal said, addressing the goddesses, "which plight would that be?"
~
Good night. Will probably write more tomorrow~
~

No comments: