6.05.2007

Okay, so...

I had every intention of writing this morning, really I did. But then I was really tired AND I could not find which file the fanfiction I wanted to work on was in. Finally I found it, but by then I didn't feel like writing. -Siiigh- Oh, and I went on the DN movie site to see if they had any information on that upcoming L movie... they kind of did, but not really. I said this into my OMN file:

They are now talking about the L movie but not revealing a thing about it. “You will understand the mystery of ‘L’”… Similar to the novel’s byline, ne? >> << style=""> Because honestly I don’t believe that they look that similar. I just think Mello was screwing with our minds. If the behavior was training, especially, then I think he just looks completely different.
AND BESIDES.
KEN’ICHI ALREADY BITES HIS THUMBNAIL. (If they switch that I shall never forgive them. XD)

Of course, I'm not in the habit of forgiving the movie people anyway...

Other than that, I neglected to eat breakfast, worked on my puzzle, played DDR, played with Cody, did more puzzle, went to the park with Cody, did MORE puzzle, and danced. Cody has learned to dig. This is bad.

So ya want writing, huh? Do ya do ya?

Well, here.

Part of this was already written--it's what I went looking for this morning--and part of it will be new. Warnings for swearing + possible DN spoilers. And it's not writing Near after all.

--

Near came down from the attic, hand shaking on the banister, to find Mello at the bottom of the stairs. The blonde-haired boy watched was watching his descent with a wide-eyed stare that would have made anyone else uncomfortable. But Near simply stared back and waited for Mello to speak first.
“You met L.” Of course; that was the only conclusion. They weren’t allowed in the attic otherwise. Most of the orphans didn’t even know the reason for that ban. But Mello did, and now Near did as well.
Near nodded in response to Mello’s statement, a soft smile on his face and a rare delight sparkling in his eyes. He was still having a hard time believing it. He’d met L. He might get to be L’s successor…

Mello was decidedly less excited. With a great effort to keep his voice calm, he asked, “What did he say to you?”

Damn. His voice trembled anyway.

Near looked calmly at him, pretending not to hear the tremor in his voice. “It doesn’t matter to you.”

That attitude of his. Mello was finding it harder and harder to keep his self-control. “It matters to me more than anything else in the world,” he said through tightly gritted teeth, his whole body tensed. Tell me what he said.

Near realized the reason for Mello’s anger, and he intended to avoid making it any worse, if possible. “Let it go, Mello,” he encouraged, walking past him. “Hearing what he told me won’t make you feel any better.”

“You bastard!” And suddenly Mello tackled Near from behind, all self-control abandoned. “He wants you to be his successor, doesn’t he?” he demanded, punching at the white-haired boy with both fists.

Near deflected every single one of the blows, but Mello kept trying anyway, attacking until he was pried off the boy.

“I’d like you to stop that now, Mello,” said the voice of Near’s protector. L. The detective held Mello’s wrist tightly as Near got up from the floor. “Would you mind telling me why you seem so intent upon beating up your fellow student?”

He knew the answer already. He had to. Near realized this, and he simply stared at the detective.

Mello didn’t. He couldn’t bring himself to look at L right now. Anger and shame and bitterness twisted in his stomach and brought him almost to tears.

“Mello, I asked you a question.” L’s voice was serious. “Look at me and answer.”

But he couldn’t, and he didn’t think he could hold back tears any longer. He twisted out of L’s grip and ran to his own room, slamming the door behind him.

L sighed and looked at Near. “Are you all right, Near?”

“I’ll be fine,” the boy replied, gingerly touching his right cheek—Mello’s first blow, the only one that had hit.

“I apologize. Perhaps I should have informed Mello beforehand.”

Near shook his head. “Then I simply wouldn’t have known why he was attacking me.” Mello would have been angry all the same; his feeling of betrayal was inevitable.

“I’ll go speak to him, then,” L said with a polite nod to Near.
(New starts here)
--
Mello heard his door open and stiffened. The word pathetic shot through his head. It was L--it had to be--and here Mello was with his face in a pillow.
"Mello, you will apologize to Near later," said L's voice.
Mello didn't take his face out of the pillow, didn't say anything. His shoulders were hunched defiantly.
"Mello, look at me and tell me that you will apologize."
With effort, Mello sat up and looked at the detective. L watched the boy's face twist in bitterness. He could tell that Mello was trying to "correct" what he was feeling--but he doubted the boy would succeed.
Sure enough, rather than promising an apology, Mello burst out with, "What's wrong with me?"
--
...Okay, I'm sorry. I'm not feeling that. D: It seems pointless. I'm writing something else right now, but I can't post it.

1 comment:

Snuffles said...

"So ya want writing, huh? Do ya do ya?"

XDD Okay so that's gotta be influenced by Cody.