8.28.2008

Quiz Bowl!

Today was the first meeting of Quiz Bowl. We went through two packets. There are two types of packets--Academic packets and "TRASH" packets (Triva Recall... About Strange Happenings? I believe). TRASH packets are basically pop culture. There was an inordinate number of sports questions, though there was also a "Losing My Religion" question that I answered, and also one about tentacle rape.


Yes, you read that correctly; no, I'm not kidding.
And no, I didn't answer that one.

Toto, we're not in high school anymore.

But other than that episode of epic brain death (quite serious about that), and other than all the sports questions that just went over my head entirely, it was quite fun. It's a little mind-numbing though... the questions are really long, starting with the most obscure hints and ending with something fairly obvious, so when a question goes over your head, it just KEEPS GOING OVER YOUR HEAD FOR ABOUT THIRTY SECONDS. I mean at several points I just covered my ears because trying to understand some of those questions (particularly the science ones and the sports ones) was like trying to understand a foreign language.

1 comment:

Admin said...

Oh, you actually found a quizbowl club?!

I spent about half an hour searching for the Berkeley one today at the club fair thingy, but they didn't seem to have a table.

Hope school's going well!