8.25.2008

So today was my first day of classes.

To iu yori... class.
There was no Japanese today, 'cause recitations aren't starting till after the first lecture, which is tomorrow. I did have lit class though, and it was pleasant. Also, before (annnnnnnnd during, but I SWEAR I paid attention, really, I discussed and everything) class, I sketched....... Jindal! He still exists! I haven't forgotten about him! And then I was writing text by him, in Japanese 'cause that's what I do, and I, oddly, decided that half of his words are randomly in katakana. For example:
ワルいケド、まえのコトはやっぱり、ウソだった。
("Sorry, but what I said before was a lie after all.") (Meh, "yappari" is a hard word to integrate. It's not really "after all" per se it's more like, "like you might have expected" but that makes for a clumsy sentence.)
You'll (who, exactly?) notice that he also doesn't use a kanji for "mae." I don't know the reasoning behind any of this... it's just kind of how it appeared to me.
He says "boku" and mainly "anta" or "anata."

No comments: