8.19.2008

Update and to-do list

So, I talked with the Japanese professor(s) yesterday and (naaaaaaaantoka) got into second year. It took a lot of work (mostly my father's). Now they've got me doubting myself, but... I'll recover, and I'll get better! (If you were wondering, Diego's rule does not work if I care sufficiently. Rita's Water Ice, however, helps.) Apparently..., I mess particles up. ...I can't help but think that that's only in speech?? At the very least I understand the difference between "de" and "ni." (...But... that I think I remember doing, and now that I think of it I remember learning that... x_x Come on, I get flustered talking even in English.)
It's all because it's speaking. Because I don't have much practice. So practice is what I'll need, and I'll get that no matter which Japanese I'm in, and I might as well go to J-2 (you are speaking in high-school mode.) so that I don't have to go over the super-basics again. x______________x
And besides! It's about time a Japanese class challenged me.

Other than that, I got registered for classes today! I was so lucky. I got the first appointment. HA! -mentalhappydance-

Japanese recitation, M-F 10-10:50
Japanese lecture, T & Th 11-12
Lectures in Literature, M 3-4:15 and W 4:30-5:45
World of Japan, T & Th 2:30-3:45
Introduction to Computer Programming, T & Th 6-7:15


Yeah! I can take computer programming instead of taking another math class! I get to learn Basic.
Also! They were hiding their Creative Writing major under the title "English Writing." So I can double major in Japanese and Creative Writing. I know, CW seems frivolous... it really does... but I'm going to be a translator, a translator. Of books, as soon as it's financially feasible. (By which I mean that I may have to do boring things for a while... unless I can convince TokyoPop or someone that I'd be useful... at least I wouldn't randomly change the order of chapters. Or screw up the important-to-plot romanization of a character's name, but that's Viz.) A degree in writing is useful for that. Yes? Yes.

Okay, so, to-do list:
Talk to financial aide office
Have credits transferred from senior-to-sophomore colleges. Iru no wa: geo, English (?), the music class
Work study
Possibly find another job
Buy books--SHOP AROUND, THEY'RE FREAKING EXPENSIVE
Ask someone if the exact copy is needed for literature classes
Start wearing sneakers... so my feet don't hurt.
SOCIALIZE, DANGIT
Add to this list as I remember more
Cross things off on this list as I complete them

Things to keep in mind during next registration session:
Where have my AP credits disappeared to?
Take Honors Shakespeare class (nwn)
Take Intro to Fiction Writing
Take philosophy, arts, or social science class

No comments: