1.21.2008

So... I've decided to babble about the Hidden Temple of Din.

Because I don't know how to describe buildings.

So... it's a temple. (No way! But is it hidden? But is it, Ariel, a temple to Din?) (Random Tempest reference, what?) And it's pretty and smooth and not at all crumbly--like the Temple of Time. (So pretty~ in there.) All over there are "great torches"... hmm, I wonder if he can get a lantern somewhere... no, I have a better idea. There are great torches in the Cavern, too, which he must light with his flamethrower/whatever I named it. Oh, I haven't yet.
Anyway. Back on topic. (Sherlock Holmes.) (You need to stop that.) It's in the Goron lands, so maybe it's built into Death Mountain? kkk, yeah. Okay. And then, the boss room should be in lava, and that's why you have to shoot it with arrows, WOOHOO! Okay.
So what can we do with no exciting items? We can run around hitting things with our sword. But... Is it largely an open-air temple? Then how is it divided into rooms? What if some of the pillars have collapsed, making certain areas impassable... Hmm... could work? Wait, but it's supposed to be all pretty! >3< There will of course be Bulbins. Because of the arrows, you know. And Fire Keese... no Fire Slugs, those are just annoying. Fire Gators? Maybe one or two, in the latter half. (Post-miniboss.)
Right, rooms rooms rooms. Dou shiyou~... So there are rooms in Greek temples... So what about this surrounding thing, the colonnade, what if that's the "main room" sort of like in Lakebed? And parts can gradually be unlocked to allow you to enter different parts of the temple...
Pronaos
Naos/cella: In the center. Houses the "cult statue." So, it'll be a statue of Din... Maybe-maybe that's the boss room? And then... No. That'll be the miniboss room. And then the Opisthodomos will contain the boss; the boss key will move the cult statue aside to reveal a door.
Colonnade: Prostyle, only in the front. &Psuedo dipteral: Only one layer of columns, but a decent space away from the walls. (I'm throwing these terms around and it sounds like I know what I'm talking about. I so do not. I am eating this site and regurgitating.)
Oh, what about the whatsit, though, the golden ratio. That should be observed. (You know. When the game is made.)
WTH, why am I designing a freaking dungeon? T_T Help me, I think I'm finally insane.

So how do we think? Enter; the Eldest Elder stays behind. Oh, I've got it! Impassable (is that even a word?) great torches between each column. Goody, it is a word. Anyway: Enter. Fight monsters to get through to the Pronaos. ...I'll figure the rest out on paper.

No comments: