5.14.2008

So all of that aside...

"That" being the usual "that," the one I generally talk about in Japanese... Yes. I am setting it aside entirely today because babbling about it in any language is not going to get me any~where.

I've discovered that I'm really, really, REALLY uncomfortable about the death penalty in Phoenix Wright.
Like, really.
Spoilers ahead.




I just saw a thing on tegakie, a picture. I glimpsed it and I was like, "Oh hey, isn't that that gay guy?" referring to the prosecutor(?) in AJ (you know... that guy I mentioned before. I know, I know, I shouldn't be referring to him like that, but he really looks gay. I'm sorry.). So I clicked on it, and the artist's comment said something about "right after Gant's execution."

I'M FREAKING SENDING PEOPLE TO THE CHAIR HERE.
*shudder*
'N talented me, I don't even have to be a prosecutor to do it.
I know, I know. These are BAD PEOPLE. And more importantly, they are VIDEO. GAME. CHARACTERS. But I mean, hearing about Darke was one thing, because I wasn't (...directly) involved in that case, but it still made me feel queasy to hear that he was sent there on false evidence... Even if he was a murderer, it creeps me out.
And then, someone I got convicted... it creeps me out! It's like finding out that someone I know got executed! And I know it shouldn't be that much of a big deal, but we all know R.'s grip on reality is iffy~ to begin with...
So yeah. I feel icky when I think about it...
(Let it be known that I oppose the death penalty in real life, too. This isn't out of nowhere.)

No comments: