7.07.2008

Today may be that day.

The day that I think seriously and decide what I think happened to Godot. (I mean I've already decided no on NaruMayo and incredibly unlikely on MitsuMei...)
BIG FREAKING SPOILERS AHEAD, NOT KIDDING.
AND NOW IT'S IN COLOR. SO PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE IGNORE IT IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED!






There are basically three options:
*Death penalty
*Dies some other way (generally suggested that it's suicide by refusing to have his body tuned up or w/e)
*Still alive



The fact remains that I really don't want him to die.
But this is supposed to be logical, not based on my emotions. . :/ I have to get around stubbornly insisting that he's still alive simply because I want him to be.

First of all, I don't think it's likely that he got the death penalty. I just don't. Whether or not it was his true motivation, a lawyer could build a case around the idea that he acted in Maya's defense. I believe Phoenix would be motivated enough to do so. That of course is assuming Godot would let him... Which is something I've had serious trouble with in the past. (In planning fanfiction, to ka...) Mostly because of how guilty he feels, and, I think, because I realize how little he has left to live for... wah. (I don't like where this is going.)

Option two... suicide/death by lack of maintainence.
Let me first say something that has been TICKINGMEOFF.
NO ONE SEEMS TO NOTICE THAT THE WHOLE "REGULAR CHECKUP" THING WAS. A. LIE.
I'm not necessarily saying he doesn't need monthly tune-ups; I'm just saying that what he told Wright should not be automatically taken as the truth because he. Was. Lying. He was not in the hospital having a check-up. He was in a storeroom where it was very cold.
There are a few other things that are wrong with that conversation as well. Godot did not die when he was poisoned. During the trial, he doesn't even speak like he thinks of it as having "died"--he repeatedly refers to it as "sleeping." [fangirl]Andgoshthatmakesmewanttogivehimabighugandmakehimfeelbetter.[/fangirl] Therefore his organs, while they would possibly need to be "adjusted," would not need to be "regenerated." What I'm saying is that several statements in that conversation were exaggerated.
I'm just saying not to treat lies like the absolute truth. DX
(Furthermore, when you present Godot's profile to Gumshoe immediately after, you get into a conversation about how it's strange that the police don't know about his medical situation... further implying that what he said was exaggerated.)

So that's my schpeal about that. It just frustrates me that no one ever seems to notice that.

Um... other than that.
The question is, does Godot want to die...?
There's... virtually no reason he shouldn't. ;_;
If his two reasons to live were to see what kind of man Phoenix is and to protect Maya... -_-;;; And then there's the further fact that Mia's dead, and if by dying he could be with her again... In other words, someone would have to give him a new reason to live very quickly or it would be hopeless. Of course, if Mia would tell him that she'd rather he lived on... Then he probably would. But then the question becomes, would she want that...? This is something I can't decide...
Okay, I asked SYL for help.
WallofIllusion: Hey, I have a really random question. It's really strange.
Say you were a ghost
and your lover was still alive
but he was in bad shape, and he had no reason to live anymore
And you knew that if he died, you could be with him again...
Would you want him to keep living? Or would you want him to die?
starburst19: if he's suffering...
hmm... it depends on how bad it is
WallofIllusion: It's not that he's suffering
It's more like
He suffered an accident in the past, and his body needs regular tune-ups, but he's not suffering physically.
Emotionally, at the moment, though...
he's struggling with extreme guilt.
starburst19: well, i would want him to continue living until he finds his way out of that guilt and find a new reason to live
WallofIllusion: Okay see that's what I'm thinking!
I'm glad you think so too.
starburst19: hahaha great minds think alike. -- that was cliche
but that's all i got
lol!
WallofIllusion: No it's fine.
I just wanted to make sure my own "GAH I DON'T WANT HIM TO DIIIIIIIIE" opinions weren't corrupting my perception of the ghost's feelings.
Because I really think Mia would want him to work through it. Even though she's a spirit medium... even if spirits can meet in the afterlife... I honestly cannot see her saying that she'd prefer he was dead. Maybe it's my own perception of death vs. life that's making me feel that way... because when I write Godot-just-woke-up-and-wants-to-die fanfiction, he asks what makes life, especially a life like his, so much better than death, and I never really have an answer for him...
(Am I getting off-topic?)
(What does it matter? It's my blog. Off-topic is what I do.)
So..., if they talked... if Mia told him that she wanted him to live on, I think he would. I'm almost certain he would.
But is it proper to answer the question of "Does Godot die?" with "Well, if he and Mia talk..."? ...
If I accept that he would want to die if it weren't for that, can't it be fine? I think, for now, I can be satisfied with that.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

And now to completely negate the seriousness of this post:

When you mentioned "still alive" as a possibility... well, guess what when through my head...