12.17.2007

Argos' Forest is finished... AND I have a story for Jindal... AND I now have a cause.

-deep breath-
In that order:


And. It's true; I have a story for 'dalu. (Yup, that's his nickname!) It involves him being a ghost rather than a weight watcher. (I hate the word deity so much.) And it's really complicated and kind of still undeveloped, so I can't really describe it, but... I'm so excited.

And! I have a cause now.
Let me explain. For a while I have been lamenting the fact that I'm kind of... selfabsorbedandcauseless. Like there was nothing that I've ever been like, "I want to give my heart to that." (excessive misuse of "like," there.)
But today I found something I think I can really... be part of. Here's how it happened.
I update my twitter during my free period. (Bad WOI!) And recently I've started looking at the new LOLcats too. (REALLY bad WOI!) And today I spotted an ad for the Smile Train. (On i can has cheezburger, yes. Random, yes.) (Can we perhaps stop with the parenthetical asides?)
Why haven't I ever thought of this before? I had a cleft lip and palette when I was born. I've benefitted from these surgeries. (Though not from ST, because the US is lovely&advanced.) (Excuse me, parentheses?!)
So that was on my mind. And I've mentioned this a few times in the past, I think, but God likes coincidences. At Esther's Circle tonight, I was doing the whole mental, I know God wants me to use my talents and experiences for Him, but how? thing like I always do. And we were doing this affirmation thing, where we went around the table and commented on what gifts God had given us, and like five people commented on my smile. My smile! The one that took five billion surgeries. The one I've always been so insecure about. My cleft-lip smile.
Does God fix up little coincidences like this in everyone's life, or does He have something special planned for me? Either way, the way He lines things up to drive his point home never ceases to amaze me. He reminds me that even though i am such an imperfect child of His, He loves me.

No comments: