6.26.2008

I know what I want to do.

Now the problem is doing it.



Also, work was better yesterday.

Edit:
I'm going to write some of this out.

Having surgery, pros:
Don't have to convince my parents otherwise
My lips would look more normal
My lips wouldn't get dry so quickly

Having surgery, cons:
May have to re-learn to whistle... AGAIN
Having surgery is no fun
Would have to wear bandages or whatever
It's not actually what I want. :|

Not having surgery, pros:
Not groggy & crap
I get to eat tomorrow
[[Let's try for some long-term ones, shall we?]]
[[I suppose there aren't any, necessarily. Though I won't have the increased "I had plastic surgery" guilt.]] [[My parents say they understand this feeling but it's unreasonable. :/ Who even cares if it's unreasonable, it's how I feel.]]
[[On topic...]] I won't look back at old photos--say, my senior pictures--and think, "I was so ugly back then." You might think this is unreasonable, but this is how I feel about a lot of pictures from before my headgear.

Not having surgery, cons:
Would have to talk my parents out of it (which is quite difficult, because I hate confrontation and I like doing what's expected of me. That's how we got into this mess. After that conversation, they expected me to be convinced. So I acted convinced.)
Probably wouldn't get another chance at it and may wonder later what it would have changed.


I suppose that's the crux of the matter. (Confrontation issues aside. In other words, it should be the crux of the matter.)
Will I, later in life, if I don't have this surgery, look back and wish I had?
...I... kind of doubt it.
Because I'm fine with how I look.
Because it doesn't bother me when people ask me what happened to my lips. At all.
Because I'm such a "ari no mama" person. The way things are is generally fine with me. That's another reason why I haven't spoken up about the surgery... Because it's set, and that's the way things are.

No comments: