4.28.2008

It's like a bait-and-switch.

Or... something.

So here's the scoop.
Out of the four colleges I applied to, Yale and Columbia don't want me, Middlebury waitlisted me, and Pittsburgh wants me into their Honors College.
Pittsburgh was my last choice. My safety school.
I HAVE A FREAKING 4.0. I'M THE SMARTEST LIBERAL ARTS-TYPE PERSON I KNOW. AS SUCH, THE THOUGHT OF GOING TO MY SAFETY SCHOOL GALLS ME OHHH JUST A BIT.

I'm sending a letter to Middlebury begging them to let me in, but... if that fails, Mom had another idea. She was like, "You could go teach English in Japan." I mean, she was serious about this! She was all enthusiastic about it, and she got me all excited, and then today she was all like, "Well maybe you should send in your thing to Pittsbugh just in case." Now she's retracting everything she said, saying it's probably not going to be possible, yada yada yada. Great.

I HATE it when I set my mind on something and then my parents tell me I can't have it.
Honestly I am starting to get a little sick of having them making my life decisions for me. If I were making the decision, I wouldn't be having plastic surgery this summer.
Then again, I also wouldn't even be considering Japan...

No comments: