8.22.2010

082210 What hotel has 99 floors anyway?

I woke around 5:30, let the cats in (accidentally) when I went to the bathroom, and then once I decided they were not conducive to sleeping again and chased them out, I had a weird dream.
First, I was trying to get to the 99th floor of a building, as was this ragged-looking guy. Come to think of it, he may have looked a bit like Begg from Drug & the Dominoes. 32222222222222222, Thisbe would //like you to know. The slashes are his doing too. In any case, the guy was more smoothly eloquent than Begg. But he was like homeless or something, not necessarily a great person, but not dangerous. There was also a woman involved at some point, also trying to get to the 99th floor. At some point, we went down by accident, and very quickly; I felt that we were moving downward extremely clearly. After that, when Begg-lookalike and I finally got to the 99th floor, for some reason we were let into a different woman's room.

She was kind, Christian, had children. I think early in the dream it might have just been her boy, but later in the dream there was a girl who was a bit older too. In any case, the dream skipped forward a little bit; the boy apparently softened Begg's heart somehow and Begg was about to leave. I was so impressed with how the little boy had changed Begg that I wrote him a note, but my handwriting was awful. I also asked if Begg had a facebook account or something, and he answered that his email was ffn.fff@edu.com. (Edu.com? Really, brain?) I realized it was time for me to leave as well. So then the next like ten minutes of the dream were me trying to organize my suitcase, my backpack, my sewing machine, and something else so I could carry them all neatly. Then I wound up speaking to the mother and her children, who had all woken up. My stuff was scattered all over and I kept seeing new things that I'd nearly forgotten (my Honors College bag, my blue Shonen Jump bag). At some point I realized it was winter break and was worried because I hadn't started my Nice cosplay at all. There was something on TV from the Proud Family briefly. The daughter was very enthusiastic about this. Then, I finally managed to get everything together and push it out into the hallway. I shook everyone's hand before leaving--awkwardly when it came to the mother; I was being cute, shaking the children's tiny hands, but really I probably should have hugged the mother. Then I went out into the hallway... and realized that rather than trying to stack everything so I could carry it neatly, I could just WAKE UP.

No comments: